"Vegan Mushroom Risotto is one of the ultimate comfort foods for vegans. Not only is is delicious but healthy as well, mushrooms are a great source of protein and risotto rice is full of vitamins, minerals and healthy carbohydrates that will leave you feeling full and satisfied"
- Servings : 4
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Chill time 40 minutes
- Calories 350-400 per serving
- Free from: Animal cruelty
- Servings : 4
- 1 large onion
- 2 packs of brown mushrooms (or you can use 1x pack brown mushrooms and 1x pack shiitake mushrooms)
- 2 Tbs vegan butter
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 ½ x cups of risotto rice
- 1x cup vegan white wine
- 5x cups vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare the vegetable stock in a large jug
- Chop the onion
- Slice the mushrooms
- In a large pot heat the oil, throw in the onions and stir
- Add the mushrooms and let simmer for 3-5 mins
- Throw in the risotto rice and sauté with the ingredients
- Throw in the cup of white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes, then throw in half the stock and cover
- Let this simmer until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Then throw in the rest of the stock and let simmer again until nearly all absorbed.
- Mix in the vegan butter and let it infuse with the delicious stock
- Don't over stir the mixture, its important that it doesn’t stick to the bottom, but too much stirring can cause the rice to become mushy.
- Taste the rice to ensure its cooked through and not too hard. If you feel its still slightly undercooked, just add some more stock and continue letting the rice absorb it until it reaches the desired softness.
Once ready, divide the mixture into 4 bowls, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!