"Yes vegan chocolate mousse, no milk, no dairy, no cruelty - no animal had to suffer in the making of your delicious dessert that’s so simple it will take you less than 15 minutes to prepare."
Simple Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Whoever said veganism is boring has obviously never tried it, this delicious vegan chocolate mousse may even convert your fellow carnivorous friends to veganism.
- Servings : 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Chill time 30 minutes
- Calories 332 per serving
- Free from: Animal cruelty and gluten
- 150 g vegan dark chocolate
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 Tbs of maple syrup
- 1 x 160 g tin of coconut cream
- 2 Tbs of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Favorite berries or cherries for topping (optional)
- Extra vegan dark chocolate for serving (optional)
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot, simmering water. Make sure that the bowl doesn’t actually touch the water as this is only used as a holding device.
- Break your vegan chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool once melted.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pip, then scoop the flesh into a food processor
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse for a short few seconds. Give it a mix and then pulse again.
- Pour in the vegan chocolate, then pulse one last final time until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Divide the mixture between six small bowls, or small glass cups and pop in the fridge to chill
- Wait 20 minutes
- Top your little beauties with some cherries or berries of your choice, put back in the fridge and wait an extra 10 minutes (or longer, doesn’t matter.)
- When ready to serve, add an extra grating of chocolate if desired
Images from Pexels.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver’s original recipe: