"Here are some quick, super easy to follow vegan cheese recipes."
Best Vegan Cheese Parmesan
An easy vegan cheese parmesan recipe that’s just delicious:
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
This makes about 1 cup of parmesan. Simply blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until the desired fineness is achieved. Keeping it in the fridge means it will last several weeks! It’s the perfect addition for pasta, lentil cottage pie, Mexican wraps, lasagnes and many more.
Delicious Vegan Mozzarella
- 1 Tablespoon potato starch powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon tapioca flour or starch
- 5 Tablespoons water
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons agar powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- Combined potato starch, tropica flour starch with the water and stir until its dissolved.
- Heat coconut milk to a low boil, then toss in the agar powder until dissolved, then add the coconut vinegar and salt
- Mix xanthum gum and coconut oil in a mixer (on its highest setting)
- Reduce the heat of the coconut milk and add in the flour mixture and xanthum gum mixture to it, whisking continuously.
- Transfer mixture into ice cube train before it gets too thick to pout (very NB) and refrigerate for a few hours.
- When it’s ready for eating, it’s a good idea to serve it with tomato and basil on a toothpick, and to be even fancier, spoon over balsamic vinegar as well.
Recipe re-purposed from: Olives For Dinner
Vegan Tofu Feta Cheese
This one is slightly different and uses delicious tofu instead of cheese
- 1 block tofu, pressed and drained for at least 30 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Either cut the tofu, or crumble it like feta into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl (or a jar) mix the rest of the ingredients together until well combined. Shake it if in a jar.
- Pour the mixture over the tofu and stir until it’s well coated.
- Marinade for an hour, or overnight and enjoy with your favourite salad.