Who said pizza without cheese is boring? This is one of the simplest, quickest and best vegan cheese-less pizza recipes around."
I sometimes struggle to find great vegan cheese (or am too lazy to make it myself) but crave pizza which obviously requires this, duh. Well actually no. I was surprised to discover how delicious cheese-less pizza is. As this sort of pizza contains zero cheese, it which means that its even more healthy and light, which is great for the waistline.
This guilt free recipe is one of the quickest, tastiest dishes I have ever made at home with minimal effort.
- 2x Vegan Tomato Pizza base (you can make your own, but sometimes its just quicker and easier to buy) I used a simple pizza base I bought from Sainsbury’s
- 2x small red onions
- 1x teaspoon garlic
- Small packet of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1-2 red peppers
- 1x Avocado
- 2 x tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Slice red onions finely and fry along with the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Throw in a bit extra oil and fry for longer if you prefer a more caramelized onion.
- Slice the red peppers finely and fry in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until soft
- Slice the cherry tomatoes lengthwise. You can precook but if they are thin enough they wont need to be as the oven will bake them.
- Once the oven is preheated assemble your pizza with the ingredients above.
- Sprinkle over some oregano or Italian herbs to your taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes or according to the pizza dough requirements
- Once cooked, top with sliced avocado and enjoy!
This is a delicious combination of ingredients. Of course you can add others, like extra vegan cheese or caramelised mushrooms. But this, with its simple ingredients will rock your world.